WHO IS THIS PROPHET REFERRED TO IN DEUTERONOMY?
Revised Standard Version, Deuteronomy Chapter 18, Moses said to the
Israelites what the Lord told him:
15. "The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among
you, from your brethren--him you shall heed--
16. just as you desired of the Lord your God at Horeb on the day of the
assembly, when you said, 'Let me not hear again the voice of the Lord my
God, or see this great fire any more, lest I die.'
17. And the Lord said to me, 'They have rightly said all that they have
18. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren;
and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I
19. And whoever will not give heed to my words which he shall speak in my
name, I myself will require it of him.
20. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name which I have
not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that
same prophet shall die.'
21. And if you say in your heart, 'How may we know the word which the Lord
has not spoken?'--
22. when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not
come to pass or come true, that is a word which the Lord has not spoken; the
prophet has spoken it presumptuously, you need not be afraid of him.
Who is this Prophet? Is this Jesus? Or is this Mohammed?
Who are referred to as "from the midst of thee, of thy brethren"? Doesn't
this mean that God will send a Prophet from among the children of Israel,
descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Israel)? Jesus was a Jew, a
descendant of King David. This promised Prophet could be Jesus.
How about Mohammed? He was a descendant of Abraham and Ishmael, but not of
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Israel). Mohammed therefore is not a child of
Israel. So is Mohammed the promised Prophet? Based on the above verse,
Deuteronomy 18:15, it could not be Mohammed.
To know the true prophet, God told Moses that the true Prophet when He
speaks in the name of the Lord, His words will come to pass or will come
true. If not, then that is not the true Prophet and we need not be afraid
of him. Who then is the true Prophet, Jesus or Mohammed? God told Moses
that it is this true Prophet who we should heed, who we should listen to.
What did Jesus and Mohammed say that have come to pass or have come true?
The Jews are still waiting for the coming of this Prophet. The Christians
have identified that that true Prophet promised by God who would be coming
from among the children of Israel has already come in the person of Jesus
Christ. The Muslims claim that Mohammed is the last prophet of God. The
Jews, the Christians, and the Muslims all believe in the Torah, the first
five books of the Old Testament which includes the book of Deuteronomy.
What is your say about this?
Godís peace reign in our hearts now and forever.